Grosse Pointe North Principal Bearden Blogs About the Norsemen's Positive Points
On the morning of a special meeting with a Grosse Pointe Shores marketing committee, North Principal Bearden shared some of the school's finer points.
Grosse Pointe North High School Principal Tim Bearden posted some of the highlights of the school's bragging rights on his blog Wednesday morning.
Bearden was preparing to give a marketing committee of Grosse Pointe Shores Ambassadors talking points they could use to brag about the high school.
Bearden says Norsemen should be proud to say their school:
- Is in the top 3% of highs schools in the United States by Top Schools Rankings (based on number of students taking AP and IB exams).
- Had 150 more students take AP exams last year than five years ago.
- Received a grade of “A” on Michigan Department of Education Report Card.
- Got a 9/10 on Great Schools National Rankings.
- Has a Quiz Bowl team undefeated in league play for 10 years, qualified for nationals each of past six years, State Champions in 2010, team has not lost to South in a decade.
- Offers 22 AP courses and a partnership program in Applied Medical Research.
- Has three Michigan Teacher of the Year teachers, and a National Earth Science Teacher of the Year.
- Had more than 600 AP exams administered last year with a 70% pass rate.
- And North and South are the only two public Michigan high schools to have been in Top Schools Ranking each year of its existence.