Invite a friend
Grosse Pointe Theatre presents BIG RIVER, a rousing musical, based on Mark Twain's timeless, classic tale, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Sweep down the mighty Mississippi as the irrepressible Huck Finn helps his friend Jim, a slave, escape to freedom. A lively journey and brilliant theatrical celebration of pure Americana, featuring bluegrass and country-style score and lyrics by country music great, Roger Miller, with book adapted from the novel by William Hauptman. Fun for the whole family. Tickets are $24. Group rates available. Sunday performances at 2 pm. Thursday, Friday and Saturday performances at 8 pm. at Grosse Pointe War Memorial, 32 Lake Shore Road, Grosse Pointe Farms, MI 48236. Call 313-881-4004 or go to www.gpt.org (Seat Yourself) for tickets.
More About Grosse Pointe War Memorial
The Grosse Pointe War Memorial offers a variety of personal enrichment classes, including dance, music, painting and writing. It also hosts thousands of events each year, from weddings, concerts and dinners to dances and veterans activities.
Other events here
- Fiction & Playwriting Workshop Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- DIY Flowers Tomorrow, May 23, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Painting Party- Making Accessories Yours Fri, May 24, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Parenting with “Love & Logic” Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Chamber Music Concert Sun, Jun 2, 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Wheel ‘n’ Deal Flea Market Sat, Jun 8, 9:30 am–2:00 pm
- iPad & iPhone Class June 18, 2013 / June 20, 2013, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Michigan Supreme Court Justice David Viviano to Speak Tue, Jun 18, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- The Fundamentals of Pruning & More Mon, Jun 24, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Basics and Beyond of DSLR Photography Wed, Jun 26, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm