Invite a friend
The Basic Elements of Classical Music
Always wanted to know something about the innards of classical music but never had the chance? Interested in being able to recognize rhythmic patterns, to understand what a fugue is, to be able to tell the difference between Mozart and Philip Glass or between an oboe and an English horn? This is the class you’ve been waiting for. No pre-knowledge is necessary; in fact, the best pre-requisite is ignorance. Let WSU music professor John Guinn lead you through the classical thickets. You’ll end up listening in a whole new way!
John Guinn, Speaker
Wednesday, February 27
2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
$25 per person
|Where||Grosse Pointe War Memorial 32 Lake Shore Rd, Grosse Pointe, MI 48236|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–3:30 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Grosse Pointe War Memorial
The Grosse Pointe War Memorial offers a variety of personal enrichment classes, including dance, music, painting and writing. It also hosts thousands of events each year, from weddings, concerts and dinners to dances and veterans activities.
Other events here
- The Drowsy Chaperone May 5, 2013 / May 9, 2013 / May 10, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 12, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 18, 2013, 2:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Come Dine with Us! May 9, 2013 / May 10, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 16, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 18, 2013, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Wines of the Mediterranean Today, May 18, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Parenting with “Love & Logic” Weekly on Tuesdays, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Senate Leader Richardville to Speak at Farms Forum Tue, May 21, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Fiction & Playwriting Workshop Weekly on Wednesdays, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- DIY Flowers Thu, May 23, 7:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Painting Party- Making Accessories Yours Fri, May 24, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Chamber Music Concert Sun, Jun 2, 2:30 pm–4:00 pm
- Wheel ‘n’ Deal Flea Market Sat, Jun 8, 9:30 am–2:00 pm