Five quick pieces of information to get your day started in Grosse Pointe:
1. Watch out for the unexpected storms today as they could roll through, according to a Hazardous Weather Outlook issued by the National Weather Service. Otherwise, it'll be partly sunny with a high near 75 dipping to 60 at night. Wind gusts could reach 28 mph during the day and 20 mph at night.
2. Tune in to ESPN2 at 11 a.m. to watch the in a Great Lakes Regional Semi-Final. They are two games away from making it to the 2011 Little League World Series. Gooooo Park!
3. It's official, the in the State House beginning in 2013 after Gov. Rick Snyder signed the bill into law Tuesday. Rep. Tim Bledsoe says the decision is disappointing and communities will have a "diminished legislative voice."
4. BluFin Sushi is quickly approaching their one-year anniversary, where they hope to after the transfer of a liquor license from a Garden City business was approved by Grosse Pointe Farms Council.
5. DTE is making the rounds in the Grosse Pointes. They explaining reasons for most recent outages and plans to fix the system. Residents are skeptical, however. This is the fourth of the Pointes DTE has met with concerning service issues that have plagued the communities this summer and, for many, for years.