Five quick pieces of information to start the day in Grosse Pointe:
1. Don't forget the umbrella, the National Weather Service forecast says there is a 30 percent chance of rain showers and thunderstorms today. It'll be mostly sunny with a high near 84 and turn mostly cloudy at night with a low of 63.
2. at 371 Fisher Road, right next door to Hydrangea Boutique. The cafe offers a variety of light meals and outdoor dining.
3. The Parks and Recreation Directors of the five Grosse Pointes are teaming up to offer , and all Grosse Pointers are welcome to attend. Bring a park pass, a chair or blanket and snacks. The movie, Despicable Me, will begin at dusk.
4. As the fall sports season is getting under way with practices and meetings, Patch wants to let players, parents, fans and coaches know that . Patch tries to make the rounds but we can't possibly make it to every game for every school or every sport.
5. Need to figure out some weekend plans? An outdoor movie, an air show, a Greek festival and more. Fill in the calendar here.