Five quick items worth noting as you begin your day in Grosse Pointe:
1. Wet weather is predicted with a 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. today, according to National Weather Service. The temperature will reach 87 and the day will be partly sunny before the clouds move in at night. Showers and thunderstorms likely between 8 p.m. and 2 a.m. Aug. 3.
2. Good luck to both of the in yet another game toward earning the state title.
- The 9-10 team will compete at Johnston Park in Harper Woods for the quarterfinals at the state level.
- The 11U team will compete for the state title in Midland.
- The 12U team will have a police-escort sendoff Thursday when they leave for Indianapolis, where they will compete in the Great Lakes Regional for a chance to get into the 2011 Little League World Series.
3. The Neighborhood Club Thrift Shop will continue its search for a permanent home after the Grosse Pointe Woods Zoning Board of Appeals denied a variance request for the former Shelby Paint storefront. Despite the denial, the planning commission will review the ordinance that restricts total second hand retailers, however.
4. Grosse Pointe in . There will likely be an update on those interviews today. Stay tuned.
5. Macomb officials recognized Monday, using it to promote the economic, educational and environmental opportunities local waterways offer the area. This comes shortly after .