Five quick items to get the day started in Grosse Pointe:
1. It'll be cloudy all day with a high near 80, according to National Weather Service. Tonight the temperatures will drop to 68.
2. The 12s International Grosse Pointe Park Little League team will be sent off in grand style this morning. A police escorted parade will begin at the Ewald Branch of the library, head down Maryland and then down Kercheval Avenue through the Village. If you get a chance the is also competing for the state title today at 3 p.m. in Johnston Park in Harper Woods. Swing on by to catch an inning or two.
3. The Grosse Pointe Farms mother who is accused of knowingly at her Hillcrest home . She is due back in court later this month. Meanwhile, the city attorney is still reviewing another case involving an open house party in which police officers ran out of breathalyzer tubes while trying to test the teens in attendance.
4. The slow moving a bit after they received the seal of approval from the state. Officials are hopeful to have it complete by Sept. 1.
5. Have extra school supplies? . The supplies will be given to children in need in the area at the end of the month.