According to organizers, events planned include:
Friday, August 16
- Family Day: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. The entire family, including kids, parents, grandparents and aunts and uncles can attend the Festival for free between 11 a.m. - 4 pm. again. Community bands will provide music. Dance and singing contests will provide an opportunity for “stars” to perform.
- At 3 p.m. The Ambassadors, from Cass Community Social Services, will provide inspirational singing and a Motown sound. These talented men, who were at one time homeless or jobless, sing all over the country.
- The grand raffle will be held at 7:30 p.m. Festival-goers will have the chance to win prizes including:
- First prize- A new Honda Accord LX with a two-year pre-paid lease from Festival Grand Sponsor, Jim Riehl’s Auto Group.
- Second prize – Two airline tickets anywhere in the continental United States compliments of Cosmopolitan Travel.
- Four additional cash prizes.