Editor's Note: We have a 4 more pairs of tickets available! The first five people to post their entry to this story by 9 p.m., Wednesday, April 25, will win a pair of tickets, according to the rules below.
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra is continuing its .
Patch has 25 pairs of tickets to give away to the show. Enter to win a pair by telling us in the comments below what was your first concert. Classical, rock, jazz — the genre doesn't matter. (No, you don't get bonus points for '80s hair bands. Sorry Whitesnake fans!)
The show at 8 p.m. April 27 is at . The program will feature works by Mozart and Britten. Elizabeth Schulze will conduct the Orchestra and DSO Acting Associate Concertmaster Hai-Xin Wu will be featured as a soloist in Mozart’s Violin Concerto No. 3. Tickets are $25 each and available here.
The first 25 people to comment by 9 p.m. Wednesday, April 25, will win!
Every contest has rules, and here are ours:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, submit your comment below telling what your first concert.
- All entries must be received by 12 p.m. ET April 25.
- Winners must return an email from Patch to claim their prize by 12 p.m. April 26.
- You may enter only once.
- Twenty five (25) winners total will be selected in a random drawing.
- Winners will be notified via the email address they used to register on Patch and must reply within 24 hours of notification with their name, address and phone number.
- Winners will receive two tickets to the 8 p.m. April 27 DSO show in Grosse Pointe Woods, valued at $25 per ticket.
- No contest would be complete without official rules. .