Here are the highlights of what's happening this week in the Grosse Pointes:
1. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- a fence variance for South Oxford during a public hearing
- a charitable gaming license for the Grosse Pointe Red Barons North
- the Discover Mack event with the Mack Avenue Business Association
2. Wednesday beginning at 7 p.m. in the Community Center regarding the problematic service issues specific to the neighborhood north and east of Mack and Vernier. The meeting will include representatives from the city, DTE as well as the state's Public Service Commission. DTE officials are expected to discuss the cause of the weekend long outage this summer that came during extreme heat as well as the financial investment intended for the area, according to an agenda on the city's website.
3. The council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will:
- hold a moment of silence
- discuss the council vacancy
- recognize 's girls track team
- discuss the purchase of sign equipment for the Department of Public Works
4. The will have a Downtown Development Authority meeting Monday beginning at 7 p.m. An agenda was not available online for the meeting.
5. Mayor Ted Kedzierski will host office hours Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Anyone wishing to meet with him is asked to call to make an appointment, 313-881-6565.
6. Most of the will host a back-to-school night throughout the week in the evenings. The night is intended to provide parents with more information about the year ahead.