There is always a lot going on in the Grosse Pointes but here are some of the highlights of important meetings and events this week, beginning March 26, 2012.
1. The Committee of the Whole will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the committee will discuss the proposed budget for the 2012/13 fiscal year.
2. The Grosse Pointe Public School Board will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. at North High School. According to the agenda, the board will discuss the following:
- the , which was introduced and recommended at the last meeting by Superintendent Tom Harwood
- district goals
- distinguished volunteers
- policy changes
- bids for web hosting and cell phone service
The School Board will also hear information on the following items but will not take action on them until the April 23 meeting:
- teacher layoffs
- a bid for South High School's ceramics room dust collection system
- policy revisions for setting the agenda, students and the sex offender registry as it relates to criminal convictions and on bullying/aggressive behavior
3. The Grosse Pointe Park city council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- DTE street lighting, which is an improvement project that will begin soon
- the updated flood insurance map as developed by the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- the city's finance report
4. The planning commission will meet Tuesday at 8 a.m. According to the agenda, the committee will discuss solar panels. Tweaks were to be made to the drafted ordinance the planning commission is considering and be brought back before the members this month. The ordinance is intended to regulate solar panels.
5. The Grosse Pointe Shores committee to study moving to Macomb County will meeting Wednesday beginning at 8 a.m. There is not an agenda available for the meeting online.
6. Egg Hunts are scheduled at the city parks in Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointe Farms and Grosse Pointe Shores for Saturday. Check the corresponding website for more information. The City of Grosse Pointe and Grosse Pointe Park have their egg hunts scheduled for early April.