There are several events happening this week in the Grosse Pointes. Here is a glimpse into just a few:
1. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. Among the items scheduled for discussion according to the agenda:
- the 2012 Beautification Committee's annual flower sale
- a request for parking from the Edsel & Eleanor Ford House at Lake Front Park
- roof repairs to city hall
- an update to an emergency management resolution
2. The city council will meet Monday for a special meeting beginning at 7 p.m. Among the items scheduled for discussion according to the agenda:
- a proposed contract for
- a claim involving the on which council is to receive a legal opinion
3. The all-Pointes Daddy-Daughter dance is Saturday March 10 at Grosse Pointe South High School. This is the second year the Parks and Recreation departments from all five Grosse Pointes have participated in a joint dance, which saves the municipalities some money. The dance begins at 7 p.m. Tickets are $8 and are being sold through each of the Parks and Recreation departments.
4. The Grosse Pointe Woods finance committee is also meeting Monday beginning at 8:30 p.m. The committee has been talking about s. According to the brief agenda, the committee will either discuss or hear from a financial consultant. The committee will is expected to eventually make a recommendation to the city council for their vote upon the Headlee Override they intend to put before voters in November.
5. Good luck to all of the juniors at and high schools this week! They will be taking the Michigan Merit Exam Tuesday through Thursday. The MME, as it's commonly referred to, is a standardized test that measures the proficiency of students in reading, writing, mathematics, science and social studies. It's taken by eleventh graders rather than the Michigan Educational Assessment Program, or MEAP, test and is administered in March.