This November, Grosse Pointers will be asked to vote in a number of contested races for city councils, judgeships and the school board.
Petitions for city council and city council were due in May. Petitions for , , the and the board were due this week.
Many of the open seats are contested and candidates have until Friday to withdraw their petitions, otherwise their name will be on the November ballot. The petitions filed this week include:
Grosse Pointe Public Schools System Board of Education Trustees: 2 seats open
- Lois Hindy Valente, of Grosse Pointe Park
- Daniel H. Roeske, of Grosse Pointe Farms
- Diane Karabetsos, of Grosse Pointe Woods
Grosse Pointe Shores
Six city council seats open plus the mayor seat
City Council Petitions
- Vito Cusenza
- Elias Ropotos
- Alexander Ajlouni
- Julie Kay Felt
- Bruce Robert Bisballe
- Robert Henry Barrette Jr.
- Brian J. Geraghty (incumbent)
- David J. Galbenski (incumbent)
- Victoria J. Boyce (incumbent)
- Robert Emery Gesell
- Daniel T. Schulte (incumbent)
Mayoral Seat Petitions
- James M. Cooper (incumbent)
- Thaddeus (Ted) J. Kedzierski (current city councilman)
Grosse Pointe Woods
three full-term city council seats plus a judgeship and one partial-term city council seat
- Michael Richard Koester
- Jill Marie Jarboe
- Richard T. Shelter Jr.
- Arthur W. Bryant
- Allison Michelle Secord (partial term)
- Kevin R. Ketels (partial term)
- Theodore (Ted) A. Metry (incumbent)
City of Grosse Pointe
Three full-term city council seats plus the mayoral seat and a judgeship
- John E. Stempfle (incumbent)
- Donald James Parthum Jr. (incumbent)
- Andrew C. Turnbull
- Dale N. Scrace (incumbent)
- Russell F. Ethridge (incumbent)
Grosse Pointe . They have five petitions filed for three open seats. Mayor Palmer . He is running uncontested.
Grosse Pointe . Three petitions were submitted for three seats.