Welcome back from spring break Grosse Pointers! There are a vareity of important meetings this week. Below are the highlights.
1. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss the following:
- a purchase related to fuel management system
- a contract related to rubbish bags and yard waste bags
- a contract for janitorial services for the municipal building
- the 2012 Association of Municipal Clerks Annual Conference
- the annual report from the Department of Public Works
- a permit for the Grosse Pointe Woods-Shores Little League parade
2. The Grosse Pointe Woods Mayor's Mack Avenue Business Study Committee will meet Wednesday beginning at 6 p.m. According to the agenda, the committee will continue its discussion about Mack Avenue right of way issues. Wayne County Commissioner Tim Killeen and a Wayne County building official are expected to return to the committee to provide an update about the discussion had .
3. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss the following:
- they will hear an appeal as the Zoning Board of Appeals regarding a variance request by the Crescent Sail Club
- provide an update on the sewer system
- a resolution for a tax bond for the pumping station
- the purchase of a generator for Kerby Road Pump Station
- set a public hearing date of May 14 for the proposed 2012/13 fiscal year budget proposal
- board of review appointments
The Farms council will also go into closed session, although the online version of the agenda does not specify why they will enter closed session.
4. The council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, they will discuss the following:
- setting a public hearing for the proposal of their 2012/13 fiscal year budget
- hold a public hearing on single lot assessments
- a contract with Michigan Department of Transportation for a resurfacing project on Waterloo
- a waiver of parking fees on lot eight
5. The city council will meet Tuesday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, they will discuss the following:
- updates on invitations to bid for engineering, legal and insurance services
- the formation of a committee to select a permanent city manager
- a proposal for using larger recycling bins
- Blue Ribbon operations committee
- city facility usage
The council will enter a closed session to discuss the legal opinion related to the .
6. The Board will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. for a closed session. The online notice does not specify why the board is meeting in closed session. They will also meet at North High School in open session beginning at 8 p.m. for a work session, during which the board members will discuss the 2012/13 fiscal year budget, according to the agenda.
7. The Policy Committee of the Grosse Pointe Public School Board will also meet Thursday beginning at 6 p.m. at the administrative offices building on St. Clair Street.