There are a variety of events and meetings scheduled for this week in the Grosse Pointes. Here are a few of the highlights:
1. The is hosting a workshop for the public related to its upcoming update of the master plan. .
2. The Board will meet at beginning at 7 p.m. Monday. According to the agenda, the board will discuss:
- teacher layoffs
- human resources report, which includes a variety of leave of absense requests and resignations for retirement
- a bid for South High School's ceramics room dust collection system
- a cell phone bid
- three policy changes or additions introduced at the last board meeting
There will also be an update on budget development and a renovation project on the greenhouse at South High School.
3. The committee of the whole will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the committee will discuss a proposed water and sewer budget and the state revolving fund sewer project.
4. The Grosse Pointe Woods planning commission will meet Tuesday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the commission will receive an update from building offiial Gene Tutag and two-subcommittee reports will be shared.
5. A town hall meeting for is scheduled for Saturday beginning at 10 a.m.
6. The council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- Arbor Day poster contest winners
- a presentation about the Wayne County Community College District
- the transfer of a liquor license by the owner of the Harvard Grill