Here are the highlights among the events planned in this week in the Grosse Pointes:
1. The Committee of the Whole will meet beginning at 7:30 p.m. Monday. According to the agenda, the committee will discuss the following:
- the Rivers of Grosse Pointe
- a business web page
- Cook Schoolhouse
- an LED lighting update
2. The Mayors' 26th Annual Prayer Breakfast is scheduled to begin at 7:30 a.m. Thursday at the . The featured speaker is Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette and tickets are $20.
3. The Move to Macomb Study Committee will meet beginning at 8 a.m. Wednesday. There is not an agenda posted on the city's website concerning this committee meeting.
4. Representative Tim Bledsoe will host an informational forum, Containing Asian Carp, beginning at 7 p.m. Monday at the . Department of Natural Resources officials and others will be present to discuss Michigan's plan to handle the infiltration of carp from the Chicago corridor into the Great Lakes.
5. The emergency siren test is scheduled for Saturday May 5 beginning at 1 p.m. The sirens will sound for several minutes for testing.
6. The District Honors Band and Orchestra will have a concert Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m. at .