Here are the highlights of the many events scheduled in the Grosse Pointes this week:
1. city council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss the following:
- an update from DTE
- Pier Park booster facade renovation update
- a statement of attorneys fees from Dickinson Wright
- There is also a consent agenda, but the items within that agenda are not listed in the online agenda.
2. city council will meet Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m. for a special meeting. An agenda is not yet posted to the city's website regarding this meeting. It is the second special meeting the council has had this month so far. A special meeting earlier in the month addressed the city manager interviews and the Move to Macomb discussion.
3. Grosse Pointe Shores Mayor Ted Kedzierski will host office hours Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the municipal building. Anyone wishing to meet with him is asked to call 313-881-6565 to schedule an appointment.
4. The begins Thursday Aug. 16 and continues through Sunday. The event features Greek food, entertainment and more.