Here are the highlights of the week ahead in the Grosse Pointes:
1. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss the following:
- recommendations from the committee of the whole in regards to an updated employee handbook
- an emergency sewer repair
- uniforms for the Department of Public Works
- an agreement for services from Rizzo
- the second readings of two new ordinances: fireworks and operating a vehicle while intoxicated with a high blood alcohol level
The Woods council will end the meeting with a closed session to discuss pending litigation.
2. Before the regular Grosse Pointe Woods city council meeting Monday, the council will meet beginning at 7 p.m. as the committee of the whole. According to that agenda, the council will discuss part-time assessor positions for the city's assessment department.
3. The city council will meet Tuesday twice. They will begin at 6 p.m. with a special meeting and then begin the regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. According to the agenda for the regular meeting, the council will discuss:
- a new officer will be sworn in
- the permanent city manager and interviews to fill the position
- engineering and legal services following interviews with providers for both
- updates from the Ambassador, Move-to-Macomb and Blue Ribbon Operations committees
- retiree contracts
- high blood alcohol content ordinance for operating while intoxicated charges
An agenda was not available for the special meeting.
4. The council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- site plans for the Framing Gallery and Sweet Little Sheila's Pastry and Crepe Cafe
- a bid for resurfacing the Neff Park pool
- a resolution for parking rates in non-metered areas
- the purchase of a public safety vehicle
- a draft of the Master Plan
- health care options for current retirees
The council will end its meeting with a closed session to "review of memorandum subject to attorney/client privilege."
5. The Board will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. for a work session. They will then begin a special meeting at 7:45 p.m. or following the work session to address a few items according to the agenda:
- the contract approval for an interim principal at North High School from Edustaff
- tuition rates for students found to be in violation of the state's residency requirements