Here are the highlights of the events scheduled for this week in the Grosse Pointes:
1. The Grosse Pointe Woods city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. as the Committee of the Whole, which means members will discuss business but not make any official decisions. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- a closed executive session on labor negotiations
- Wayne County Regional Educational Service Agency (WRESA)
- Torrey Road Backup Pump funding
- fiscal forecasting
- budget considerations
- a lease contract for a copier
2. The League of Women Voters Grosse Pointe will host a public forum Tuesday night beginning at 7 p.m. in the council chambers of Grosse Pointe Farms for the upcoming special election in which resident will choose a new council member to serve following the passing of Joe Leonard last year. There are two candidates vying for the seat.
3. Grosse Pointe Shores Mayor Ted Kedzierski will host office hours at the municipal building Friday from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Call 313-881-6565 to schedule an appointment.
4. The Grosse Pointe Public School board will meet Monday beginning with a closed session at 6 p.m. The online notice does not disclose the reason for the closed meeting. The board will then begin an open meeting at 7 p.m. at Brownell Middle School. According to the agenda, the board will discuss:
- a technology overview
- a discipline update
- proposed district goals
5. The Grosse Pointe Chamber of Commerce is hosting a breakfast with U.S. Representative Gary Peters Tuesday beginning at 8 a.m. at Lochmoor Club in Grosse Pointe Woods. The cost is $15 for chamber members and $20 for non-chamber members. Call 881-4722 for reservations.