Among the many events and happenings scheduled in the Grosse Pointes, here are some of the highlights:
1. The city council will meet Monday beginning at 7:30 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- communication with DTE
- a resignation from the Senior Citizens Commission
- the Mack Avenue Business Association Bike Decorating Contest
- foreclosed properties
- the PAATS contract
- the Grosse Pointe Fire Services Automatic Aid Agreement
- the State Revolving Fund related the sewer project
2. The Mack Avenue Business Association will host its Sidewalk Sale beginning Thursday July 19 to Saturday July 21. Businesses along Mack Avenue will feature special deals and prices for the sidewalk sale and many will feature merchandise outside. Included in the event is a bike-decorating contest on Thursday at 6 p.m.
3. The city council will meet Tuesday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- updates regarding the bid for engineering and legal services
- an update on the search for a permanent city manager
- updates from the Move to Macomb Committee
- updates from the Blue Ribbon Operations Committee
- an amendment to the ordinance controlling peddlers and solicitors
- an open house sign ordinance
- an inter-local agreement for automatic aid related to fire services
- a fireworks ordinance
4. A for Thursday July 19 beginning at 7 p.m.
5. The council will meet Monday beginning at 7 p.m. According to the agenda, the council will discuss:
- a maintenance agreement for the Village municipal parking structure
- the Grosse Pointe Fire Service Automatic Aid Agreement
- the public safety consultant
- a draft of the future land use map for the update to the City's Master Plan
The City's council will meet for a closed session to discuss collective bargaining at the end of the meeting.
6. The begins the first Restaurant Week in the Pointes Friday July 20, during which many local restaurants will offer special deals for those dining as part of the week.