Grosse Pointe North High School Principal Tim Bearden posted some of the highlights of the school's bragging rights on his blog Wednesday morning.
Bearden was preparing to give a marketing committee of talking points they could use to brag about the high school.
Bearden says Norsemen should be proud to say their school:
- Is in the top 3% of highs schools in the United States by Top Schools Rankings (based on number of students taking AP and IB exams).
- Had 150 more students take AP exams last year than five years ago.
- Received a grade of “A” on Michigan Department of Education Report Card.
- Got a 9/10 on Great Schools National Rankings.
- Has a undefeated in league play for 10 years, qualified for nationals each of past six years, State Champions in 2010, team has not lost to South in a decade.
- Offers 22 AP courses and a partnership program in Applied Medical Research.
- Has three Michigan Teacher of the Year teachers, and a National Earth Science Teacher of the Year.
- Had more than 600 AP exams administered last year with a 70% pass rate.
- And North and South are the only two public Michigan high schools to have been in Top Schools Ranking each year of its existence.