A superintendent search firm revealed five candidates to the Wednesday, all of whom will be interviewed next week. The district's longest serving superintendent, C. Suzanne Klein, is set to retire in December after nearly 15 years.
The candidates are:
- Vincent Cotter, Superintendent of Colonial School District in Pennsylvania
- Michael Jon Dean, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources in Birmingham Public Schools
- Thomas Harwood, Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources in Grosse Pointe Schools
- Paul Long, Superintendent for Pennsbury School District in Pennsylvania
- Richard Machesky, Assistant Superintendent for Secondary Education in Troy School District
Interviews are scheduled to begin Monday June 20 at 4:30 p.m. Three interviews will be done Monday and two on Tuesday June 21, also beginning at 4:30 p.m.
All of the interviews will be recorded and televised after the interviews are completed. The board agreed to make a decision following the last interview about who will receive a second interview and who will be eliminated from the pool of candidates.
The second interviews will happen July 11 and 12 and will include a community reception at one of the schools, where the candidate has an opportunity to interact with the public and board members in a less formal format.
This story was updated June 15, 2011 at 6:49 p.m. with additional information.