The following information was provided by Grosse Pointe North swimming coach Michael O’Connor.
The Grosse Pointe North girls swimming and diving team defeated Sterling Heights Henry Ford II Thursday night by a 111-65 margin.
Emma Mathews was a double winner for Grosse Pointe North taking both the 50 and 100 yard freestyle.
Single winners for North were: Emily Griffith in the 1 meter diving, Olivia Asimakis in the 100 yard backstroke and Katelyn Kohler in the 100 yard breaststroke.
In a closely contested race in the 100 yard butterfly freshman Olivia Asimakis finished in second place with a Division 2 state championship qualifying time.
Season-best performances were recorded in the following events:
- 50 yard freestyle: Emma Mathews, Katelyn Kohler, Julia Ellis, Stephanie Shea, Jillian Fenner,S usan Hartzell, and Gabrielle Shimko.
- 100 yard freestyle: Stephanie Shea, Allison Fly, Hannah Atherton, Caroline Tripp, Grace Addy, and Susan Hartzell.
- 200 yard freestyle: Allison Fly.
- 500 yard freestyle: Juliette Tripp and Ann Marie Nicholson.
- 100 yard backstroke: Grace Addy.
- 100 yard breaststroke: Katelyn Kohler and Brooke Ford.
- 100 yard butterfly: Olivia Asimakis and Mary Emerick.
- 200 yard individual medley: Laura Dobbs and Brooke Ford.
Grosse Pointe North is now 3-3 (0-2 MAC Red) in dual meet competition.
Coaches, athletic directors and parents may submit results, highlights and photos by posting an announcement on Grosse Pointe Patch.