The following information was supplied by Grosse Pointe North swimming coach Michael O’Connor.
The Grosse Pointe North girls swimming and diving team took both ends of a double dual meet against Dearborn and Livonia Franklin on Tuesday night.
Grosse Pointe North defeated Dearborn by a 98-83 score and took Livonia Franklin by a 126-58 margin.
Olivia Asimakis was a double winner for North taking both the 50 and 100 yard freestyle.
Emily Griffith was victorious in the 1-meter diving event.
Season-best performances were recorded in the following events:
- 50 yard freestyle: Olivia Asimakis, and Claire Schaden.
- 100 yard freestyle: Olivia Asimakis, Carrie Rakowicz, Ann Marie Nicholson, Karyn Schwartz, Gabrielle Shimko, Susan Hartzell, Sydney Eger, Maria Mermiges, and Caroline Schulte.
- 200 yard freestyle: Stephanie Shea and Blake Moncur, 100 yard backstroke: Hannah Atherton.
- 100 yard breaststroke: Jennifer Hawring.
- 100 yard butterfly: Meghan Veltri, Julia Ellis, and Mary Emerick.
- 200 yard individual medley: Kayleigh Gehlert and Brooke Ford.
Grosse Pointe North is now 5-3 (0-2 MAC Red) in dual meet competition.