Lake Front Park
This large park serves residents of Grosse Pointe Woods; it is located in St. Clair Shores but is part the Woods municipality. The park offers tennis and platform tennis courts, a variety of pools including the large slide visible from Lakeshore Road, a walking path and a playground. Also on the park grounds, the city has an activity building that houses a small gymnasium, racquetball courts, vending machines and a treadmill. Within the park, there is also a small dog park where residents can socialize their canine friends.
- Fax: 313-343-2600
- Hours: Summer: Sun - Thu, 6am - 11pm; Fri, Sat, 6am - 1am. Winter: Daily, 8am - 9pm. Activities building: Daily, 8am - 9pm
- Founding Date: 1948
- Membership info: Must be a Grosse Pointe Woods resident to enter
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Boat dock, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Features: Bocce, Jungle gym, Shuffleboard, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Features: Pool, Tennis courts
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill)
- What's the most important rule for this pool?: There are three main areas for the pools: the main pool, the high-diving pool and the children's two small baby pools. In the shallower of the two baby pools, children are allowed to bring toys into the water.