This Dojo on the corner of Mack Avenue and Hampton Road offers courses in three different martial arts: tae kwon do, tang soo do, and hapkido. The instructors have been training local residents since 2005. They believe it is important to keep their adult and child pupils in separate classes and currently offer a free adult self-defense class on Wednesdays.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 9pm; Fri, 9am - 8pm; Sat, 9am - 1pm; Sun, closed. Call during morning hours to ensure that an instructor is in the office.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: Aug 01 2005
- What makes this community special?: Students are taught core values of respect for self and others while also gaining an appreciation for exercise through Olympic Taekwondo and other various artforms.
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Discounts: Group/family, Volume/season
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: Yes
- Class Schedule Link: www.newedgemartialarts.com/schedule.html
- Number of classes/week: 28
- Number of instructors: 2
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: Depends on time and age group; Approx 50/50
- Type: Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: New Edge Martial Arts Academy's mission is to assist local residents to pursue healthy lifestyles.