The 37th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade is the biggest event of the year in the Grosse Pointe area, and the 2012 edition will showcase nearly 100 parade units and community groups!
The parade takes place on Friday, November 23 at 10:00 a.m.
Featured attractions this year include the Ecorse Community , Grosse Pointe North, De La Salle, Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe South High School marching bands; strolling Christmas Carolers; the Shen Yun Christmas Float; the Redford Unicycle Club; The Detroit Fire Department Clowns and dozens of marching units from area organizations.
The Santa Claus Parade starts at the corner of Lewiston and Kercheval in Grosse Pointe Farms, proceeds west on Kercheval through The Hill shopping district and arrives in The Village shopping district in the City of Grosse Pointe.
Featured Attractions for 2012:
- The Grosse Pointe Wellness Express, sponsored by Beaumont Health System. Features a 4 section train float with a caboose, accompanied by U.S. Marines, carrying toys for the Toys for Tots program
- The all-new White Christmas Carriage, produced by the Friends of the Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade.
- The Big Head Corps, from the Parade Company.
Also on Parade Day, Friday, November 23:
- 9:00 a.m. The Grosse Pointe Lions Club presents the 15th annual Happy Holidays Jingle Bell 5k Walk / Run
- 4:30 p.m. The Authentic Dickens Carolers in concert at the corner of Kercheval & St. Clair
- 5:00 p.m. The Village Aglow Tree Lighting Ceremony followed by a community sing-along with the Authentic Dickens Carolers. The Grosse Pointe Boat Club will serve complimentary hot chocolate during the ceremony.
The 37th Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade is produced by the Grosse Pointe Village Association in cooperation with the Hill Association. For additional information visit www.thevillagegp.com or call 313.886.0021.