Here are the highlights of what's happening this week in the Grosse Pointes:
1. Tonight, the Grosse Pointe Woods City Council is holding an informational Town Hall meeting in the Community Center to discuss the 2012 Millage Proposal Overview at 7:00 p.m. and again at 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 27.
On November 6, 2012, Grosse Pointe Woods voters will be asked to consider two millage proposals:
- Approve up to an additional 1.85 mills to support General Fund Budget (police and fire services, parks and recreation, and other public services, etc.) to expire after 10 years (2022).
- Approve up to an additional 2.14 mills to pay for up to $10 million in road construction bonds.
2. According to the Grosse Pointe Park city website, tonight’s council meeting has been rescheduled for a date to be determined.
- Approval of Tax Levy
- Approval of Superintendent Goals for 2012-2013
4. Kick-off fall in style tonight at the annual St. Ambrose Oysterfest from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m. in the big tent near Rustic Cabins/Buscemi's on Kercheval in the Park. The $30 admission gets you a taste of 30 local restaurants featuring spectacular entrees, soups, chowders and desserts while listening to live jazz. Locally brewed beer and wine are also available for a nominal charge. For more information call 313.822.2814
6. Grosse Pointe South’s Homecoming festivities kick-off with a pep rally at the end of the school day on Friday, following by the annual parade at 6:00 p.m. and then the football game at 7:00 p.m. against Port Huron Northern. Go Blue Devils!
7. Grosse Pointe High School - Class of 1962 50th Reunion takes place on Saturday, Sept. 29 at 6:30 pm at the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club. Please call Wendy Fredericks Ballard at 313.410.4443 or Jon Gandelot at 313.595.6552 and make a reservation for the 50th reunion festivities.